2847 Devine St
Columbia, SC 29205
On Duty personnel
Growth was something which the City of Columbia realized in 1943, when Station 9 was constructed in Shandon at 2847 Devine Street. Station 9 was temporarily moved to 802 Maple Street on October 24, 1994 and the old station was demolished and a new station constructed on site. When completed, Company 15 was to be renumbered Ladder 9 and relocated to the new station. The Shandon Rose Garden, tended by Proctor Davis, was integrated into the front of the station on November 11th
In 1996, A new Pierce 102 foot “quint” was delivered to Ladder Company 9.