Is This Your Badge?
The Columbia Fire Department is currently accepting applications for Firefighter. If you are looking for an exciting career with a department whose been serving its citizens for over 100 years.
The Department is the largest in the state and is responsible for serving nearly 500,000 citizens within the City of Columbia and Richland County. Firefighters respond to 35,000-40,000 emergency incidents per year from rural to densely urban areas. Fully staffed, the Columbia Fire Department has 500 personnel covering 31 fire stations.
An email will be sent out to candidates who pass the application phase alerting them of additional information to include testing dates.
To be considered as a Candidate:
• Must meet all City of Columbia hiring qualifications
o Visit City of Columbia’s Career Portal: Click to apply the application deadline is December 31, 2016.
• Complete a FIREFIGHTER APPLICATION PACKET Online When you’re ready to apply, create a profile from the ‘Create a Profile ‘link, or select the job posting and press the ‘Apply Now’ button. You can enter your qualifications, upload a resume, or apply via LinkedIn.
• Must successfully pass and complete Columbia Fire Department applicant testing process. The general aptitude/written test covers basic aptitude, testing reading and comprehension, basic mathematics, reasoning skill. A study guide is available for purchase by following this link.
- Must successfully pass and complete Columbia Fire Department applicant testing process:Maze Endurance Test: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV2LZb_V-VQ
Physical Agility Tests:
Complete Agility Test (no narration):
Agility Test, Task 1-Stair Climb with High Rise Hose Pack:
Agility Test, Task 2-Hose Hoist:
Agility Test, Task 3-Forcible Entry:
Agility Test, Task 4-Hose Advance
Agility Test, Task 5-Victim Rescue
- Minimum advertised salary does not include scheduled FLSA overtime for 24/48 work cycle
- $33,336 annual starting salary, $41,670 based on 24/48 work schedule
- For a listing of City of Columbia benefits: https://www.columbiasc.net/hr/working-for-the-city•
- City of Columbia offers competitive Employee Health Care benefits
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield Benefits: http://columbiarichlandfire.net/assets/2015-Insurance-Benefits.pdf CFD offers an Employee Health Center available to all employees and dependents enrolled in the City’s Health Plan through BlueCross
For more information contact email@example.com